Not to beleaguer the point but have you even seen Sorokin's stats (Islanders goalie)? He's 25 so right in line with Korpi and Elvis and where Elvis played in Swiss league, Sorokin has been cutting his teeth in the KHL (clearly a better league).
- 2015-16: 28 Games, 1.06 GAA and .953 Save Percentage
- 2016-17: 39 Games, 1.61 GAA and .929 Save Percentage
- 2017-18: 37 Games, 1.59 GAA and .931 Save Percentage
- 2018-19: 40 Games, 1.16 GAA and .940 Save Percentage
- 2019-20: 40 Games, 1.50 GAA and .935 Save Percentage
I know goalie stats are inflated in the KHL but his numbers are always near the top. The kid is battle tested, played a heavy workload and will still get to ease in because he can share then net with Varlamov. I am not sure the Isles are worried about goaltending in the near future. Kid might be a star.
Shesterkin for the Rangers is young but he also had some dynamite stats in the KHL.
Neither one has proved it in the NHL but the same could have been said for both of our goalies heading into last season. Both teams are set for years to come.