Brutal news for the Blue Jackets.
The club announced several injuries and roster moves today:
- D Zach Werenski is out for the regular season with a separated shoulder and torn labrum.
- D Nick Blankenburg is placed on IR and will miss six-to-eight weeks with a fractured ankle and high ankle sprain.
- F Jakub Voracek was placed on IR and is out indefinitely with an upper-body injury.
- F Sean Kuraly was placed on IR and is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- D Erik Gudbranson is day-to-day with an upper-body injury and will not play Saturday against the Islanders.
- D Gavin Bayreuther, D David Jiricek, and D Marcus Bjork have been recalled on an emergency recall from AHL Cleveland.
More #CBJ news:— Coby Maeir (@CobyMaeir) November 11, 2022
- Gudbranson is day-to-day (upper-body) and will miss Saturday nights game against the #Isles.
- David Jiricek, Gavin Bayreuther, Marcus Bjork recalled from Cleveland on an emergency recall
- Kent Johnson is healthy
- Bjork will play tomorrow, per Larsen
Head coach Brad Larsen said that Joonas Korpisalo will start tomorrow, Bjork will make his debut, and Kent Johnson is healthy to play but did not say if he would play or not.
"He's okay," Larsen said about Johnson. "He can play. It's up to me now."
"Z's a special talent," Andrew Peeke said about Werenski. "You can't replace him. Simple as that.
"It's gonna be a tough battle," Larsen said on the team's situation. "But you know what, it is what it is. There's nothing we can do about it."
The Jackets are back on the ice Saturday night on Long Island to take on the New York Islanders at 7:30 p.m. ET on Bally Sports Ohio and 105.7 FM.