Ready for stress-free Columbus Blue Jackets hockey?
Fox Sports Ohio and the Blue Jackets announced today that the network will rebroadcast select games from both this past season, as well as perennial games from seasons past.
Beginning October 23rd, FSO will air classic Blue Jacket games every Friday at 8:00 p.m. On Tuesday's, viewers can relive the most thrilling games from the 2019-20 season.
Here are the Friday classics lined up through the end of November:
- October 23rd: On April 19th, 2014, the Blue Jackets pick up their first playoff win in franchise history as Matt Calvert gets the double-overtime winner in Pittsburgh to give Columbus a 4-3 win over the Penguins.
- October 30th: Listen for the "We Want Ten!" chants that the Jackets obliged in a 10-0 win over the Montreal Canadiens. This game from November 4th, 2016 was the largest win in team history and the only time they've scored double-digit goals.
- November 6th: Down 3-0 at home to the Penguins, the Jackets tie the game in the final seconds of regulation. In overtime, Nick Foligno's goal allowed the home crowd to celebrate the teams first home playoff win on April 23rd, 2014.
- November 13th: Another 3-0 comeback on the road. On April 10th, 2019, the Blue Jackets would win their first of four straight in a sweep of the Presidents' Trophy winning Tampa Bay Lightning. This win marked the start of Columbus' deepest playoff run.
- November 20th: Capping the sweep of the Lightning was a 7-3 game on April 16th that was closer than the score indicates. Pure jubilation in Nationwide Arena for this one.
- November 27th: Revisit the Jackets thrilling overtime victory from April 12th, 2018 over the Washington Capitals. This was the first of two overtime wins in D.C., before the Capitals would go on a tear en route to their first Stanley Cup victory.
Tuesday's "instant classic" games from are as followed:
- October 27th: Gus Nyquist gets his first hat trick as a Blue Jacket. His three goals were the difference in the Blue Jackets 5-2 win over the Penguins on November 29th, 2019.
- November 3rd: Joonas Korpisalo is brilliant in a 3-0 shutout victory over the Capitals on December 16th, 2019. This game would prove to turn the season around for Columbus, as it marked win #1 in an 18-2-3 stretch for the CBJ.
- November 10th: In a back and forth game, the Blue Jackets get an overtime winner as an early Christmas gift for the fans inside Nationwide Arena. This 3-2 Jackets win came December 19th, 2019.
- November 17th: The return of Sergei Bobrovsky to Columbus on New Year's Eve 2019 was good to the Jackets. Zach Werenski picked up a hat trick, Elvis picks up his first win, and the Blue Jackets end the calendar year on a strong note.
- November 24th: Elvis Merzlikins was straight fire as the Blue Jackets rookie shuts out the Boston Bruins with 34 saves on January 14th, 2020. Seems like forever ago, doesn't it?
Games will also be available on the FOX Sports GO app.