Torts is back.
News from morning skate
Blue Jackets head coach Brad Larsen said that Jakub Voracek (upper-body), Sean Kuraly (upper-body), and Kent Johnson (precautionary) will all be out tonight against the Flyers. Larsen added that recent call-ups Emil Bemstrom and Brendan Gaunce will slot into the lineup and Joonas Korpisalo will start in goal for the second straight game.
Per #CBJ HC Brad Larsen:— Coby Maeir (@CobyMaeir) November 10, 2022
- Jakub Voracek (upper-body), Sean Kuraly (upper-body), and Kent Johnson (precautionary) wont play tonight. Emil Bemstrom and Brendan Gaunce are in the lineup.
- Joonas Korpisalo starts in goal vs. #FueledByPhilly
- Brendan Gaunce: "It's always exciting to come up to the NHL. And for me, I'm just trying to build on the season I've started in Cleveland, bring some energy, and have some fun."
What John Tortorella told the media
- On Columbus: "This was an area my wife and I loved being in and spent a lot of time here invested in the community. We don't forget that. We have tremendous friends here and we always will. We've come back and we will always come back."
- On the approach to this game: "We're trying to get our day's work in and get prepared to play the game tonight."
- On Larsen: "Brad Larsen is a hell of a coach and even a way better person. You're going after the wrong guy out here. But honestly, if you're going to circle him as far as what's going on with his team, he's the one that I think [is] best suited to get you out of the jam."
The Blue Jackets and Flyers clash at 7 p.m. tonight on Bally Sports Ohio and 105.7 FM.