NHL Forum

NHL Forum

NHL talk.

You Make the Call! (Edition 1)

+2 +/-
osu992's picture
March 11, 2017 at 2:16pm
24 Comments

Nothing presents a barrier to entry like rules confusion. Nothing like a rules fresher to get closer to the game. You Make the Call! is your semi-regularly occurring quiz to test your knowledge and learn a bit more about the rules. I don't make up the questions and I can't promise you thorough answers. And no record of score is kept, but I can promise up votes for all answers right and wrong. Bragging rights are yours alone to win. Answers will be posted in due time. Warning: these aren't basic rules!

1) The puck is dropped to start the game. Team A goes down the ice and scores a goal. Before we can drop the puck to start again, Team B challenges Team A's starting line-up. When checked, Team A goalkeeper is not even listed on the line-up sheet. What is the call?

• A. Goal is allowed and Team A is assessed a bench minor penalty.
  • B. Goal is disallowed and Team A’s goalkeeper is removed from the game (no further penalty).
  • C. Goal is disallowed, Team A’s goalkeeper is removed from the game and Team A is assessed a bench minor penalty.

2) THE MOST DREADED PLAY IN HOCKEY

Can a goal be scored by a player who is not on the ice (more of a statistics question)?

• Yes
  • No

3) 

Where is the ensuing faceoff?

• A. Inside San Jose defending zone.
  • B. Neutral zone. Dot outside New Jersey defending zone.
  • C. Neutral zone. Dot outside San Jose defending zone

Submit your answers below and thanks for playing!

(1101) 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of 1st Ohio Battery unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments