Blue Jackets Forum

Blue Jackets Forum

Columbus Blue Jackets talk.

Walking Away From the Ledge

+4 +/-
MordenoftheSith's picture
April 19, 2017 at 11:47am
6 Comments

I was at Game 3.  I was overjoyed, then distraught, then beside myself, then gutted...  I predicted we'd be swept.  I was wrong, obviously.  The fact that NWA got to witness a regulation win is only a positive, regardless of how it happened.  I was not there, I was not happy I was not there.

I was on the ledge folks.  Ready to decry, post-sweep, how we need a major shake-up.  How can we play so terribly at home with that much energy.  Then Torts made a decision to bench a couple of players who were not pulling their weight.  Then we won.

I decided to take a good hard look at the roster to see where the talent gap between us and that whining team 3 hrs east.  This is what I found:

Blue highlights = under 25... that's half the roster.  Look at the kids that have made an impact this season/post-season.

Oh the yellow? Just the core guys locked up for a few more years that have also made an impact.

That's a lot of skill and speed.  We've never been this loaded with young talent.

This year, especially after the game 4 win, is nothing short of a miraculous success when you think of where we were last season and what everybody (including a lot of us fans) were thinking we'd end up.

Go Jackets!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of 1st Ohio Battery unless otherwise noted.

View 6 Comments