NHL Forum

NHL Forum

NHL talk.

You Make the Call! (Edition 2)

+1 +/-
osu992's picture
March 14, 2017 at 10:16am
15 Comments

Nothing presents a barrier to entry like rules confusion. Nothing like a rules fresher to get closer to the game. You Make the Call! is your semi-regularly occurring quiz to test your knowledge and learn a bit more about the rules. I don't make up the questions and I can't promise you thorough answers. And no record of score is kept, but I can promise up votes for all answers right and wrong. Bragging rights are yours alone to win. Answers will be posted in due time. Warning: these aren't basic rules!

1) The Referee shall award a penalty shot to the opposing team when the goalkeeper deliberately removes his helmet/facemask during a breakaway. Who does the Referee designate to take the penalty shot?

• A. The shot shall be taken by any player designated by the Coach.
  • B. The shot shall be taken by any player that was on the ice.
  • C. The shot shall be taken by the player last in possession of the puck.

2)

Edmonton goalie's stick has orange tape on knob. Is this allowed? You Make The Call!

• A. This is allowed. Tape can be any color on goalie's stick.
  • B. This is not allowed (Rule 10.2). Have Edmonton goalie to cover knob of stick with white tape.
  • C. This is not allowed (Rule 10.2). Minor penalty to Edmonton goalie for Illegal Equipment.

You Make The Call!

• 1) Nothing here. Play on!
  • 2) Minor penalty to Arizona #11 for Tripping.
  • 3) Double-minor penalty to Arizona #11 for Spearing.

Submit your answers below and thanks for playing!

Link back to previous YMTC!
(1001)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of 1st Ohio Battery unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments