Before today, we knew a few things about the schedule.
There will be seven preseason games.
There will be 82 regular season games – 41 at Nationwide Arena, and 41 on the road.
The Blue Jackets play their home opener on Friday, Oct. 4 against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
And now, we know the rest of it. The NHL and its member clubs announced the full 2019-20 regular season schedule on Tuesday afternoon, allowing us all to prematurely analyze it and determine if it's a difficult or relatively friendly schedule.
Per the club, here's some of the noteworthy games to keep an eye out for:
- Oct. 30 vs. Edmonton: Lone visit by three-time NHL First Team All-Star Connor McDavid and the Oilers
- Nov. 5 vs. Vegas: Lone visit to Columbus by the Golden Knights
- Nov. 15 vs. St. Louis: Lone appearance at Nationwide Arena of the 2019 Stanley Cup champions
- Nov. 29 and Mar. 12 vs. Pittsburgh: Sidney Crosby and 2016 and 2017 Stanley Cup champions
- Dec. 5 and Feb. 14 vs. NY Rangers: Former CBJ President of Hockey Ops John Davidson and Metropolitan rivals visit
- Dec. 16 and Mar. 19 vs. Washington: Alex Ovechkin and 2018 Stanley Cup champions
- Dec. 29 vs. Chicago: Lone visit by Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews and the 2010, '13, '15 Stanley Cup champions
- Dec. 31 vs. Florida: Celebrate New Year's Eve
- Jan. 14 vs. Boston: Lone home game vs. 2019 Eastern Conference champions and rematch of 2019 2nd round opponents
- Feb. 10 and Apr. 2 vs. Tampa Bay: NHL MVP Nikita Kucherov and Lightning visit in rematch of 2019 1st round playoff series
The link to the full schedule from the team can be found here.
Follow 1st Ohio Battery