The Blue Jackets take on the Blues in St. Louis on Tuesday night at 8 p.m. ET in the club's third preseason game.
Here are the lines for the contest, according to BlueJackets.com's Jeff Svoboda:
Looks like the #CBJ lines tonight will be:— Jeff Svoboda (@JacketsInsider) September 26, 2023
Now it's time for notes from day five of Blue Jackets training camp.
- Kirill Marchenko was a full participant in practice today after being listed as day-to-day with a back strain. He wasn't on the ice for the first three days of camp, but participated in morning skate on Sunday wearing a non-contact jersey.
- Mark Recchi, who the club added as an assistant coach Monday, was at practice Tuesday.
- Ivan Provorov did not participate in practice.
- "But most importantly for me, he's been in those players' shoes, [like] Johnny Gaudreau and Patrik Laine. You don't know how they feel every day going on the ice and I don't either, right? But Mark Recchi does, so when he speaks to them, there's a connection. He's been there. He's done that." - Pascal Vincent on the addition of Mark Recchi to the coaching staff.
- "His offensive hockey sense is off the charts. He's strong on the puck. If you focus on him, he puts himself in a position [where] you feel like he's always in a good position to get the puck back or to get open." - Pascal Vincent on Jordan Dumais.
- "It's really helpful, mentally." - Kirill Marchenko on spending time with his family.
- "Movement is going to be a big thing. I know we've talked about that when it gets staggered, you're gonna have a tough time being successful." - Mark Recchi on the ingredients of a successful power play.