Blue Jackets Forum

Blue Jackets Forum

Columbus Blue Jackets talk.

Sweater talk: Who ya got?

0 +/-
Jeff Svoboda's picture
March 10, 2017 at 12:29pm
56 Comments

Beau Bishop and our own Rob Mixah started an interesting little conversation on Twitter about buying jerseys (sweaters, if we're going full Canadian). 

Frankly, CBJ history is littered with sweater purchases that probably seemed like a good idea at the time but haven't stood the test of time because that guy was gone in two years (or a few months, in Jeff Carter's case).

Beau also asked Rob today which sweater that, if you're a fan, you'd feel most comfortable buying today thinking that guy is gonna be around for a while.

So here's a two-pronged question: Do you have any Jackets sweaters you regret purchasing? Secondly, which current player do you have now or want to get that you think will stand up over the years?

I only have one, a Matt Calvert sweater I got after he scored the first GWG in franchise playoff history. I nearly bought a Kris Russell sweater once when I thought he'd be the next big thing, and I love offensive defensemen. 

And seriously, I feel bad for anyone who bought a Carter sweater.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of 1st Ohio Battery unless otherwise noted.

View 56 Comments