Blue Jackets Forum

Blue Jackets Forum

Columbus Blue Jackets talk.

Torts: "We need to get some grit back into our game."

0 +/-
Jeff Svoboda's picture
March 13, 2017 at 3:30pm
23 Comments

Was just listening to Torts' pregame press scrum today and thought this was interesting. He was asked about Saturday's Buffalo game again and what the team can learn from it, and here was his response:

"We've got to get some grit back into our game. I think our coverages have been soft. I think we've allowed teams to play. I don't think we have that bite that we need to have. Forget about blowing a three-goal lead and all that. I just look at the whole picture. I think the mind-set of our team, we have to get some bite back into our game. ... Not playing the Rangers and not playing Pittsburgh and not playing Minnesota (the last few games), and it's no disrespect to the other teams, but you get out there thinking, 'We're OK,' and we're not. We need to get better."

Just thought that was interesting about the state of the team going into Philadelphia. Will be interesting to see how the team responds as well.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of 1st Ohio Battery unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments