Blue Jackets Forum

Blue Jackets Forum

Columbus Blue Jackets talk.

Spoiler Alert: Playoffs

+4 +/-
Union Blue Soldier's picture
April 19, 2017 at 7:03pm
10 Comments

For those who remember or know me from 11w, know that when I make a prediction or have a take on something I am never wrong. Im not saying this to be cocky or anything, but I have never been wrong in my 27 years on this planet. Well, I did think Hangover 2 would be just as good as the first one, but that's the only documented "L" on my record. 

When I get to the point of this post Im going to have a lot of people attack my line of thought, and question if I am right or wrong, but let me just say this: this isn't a prediction, this isn't a guess, and this isn't some kind of blind faith fanboy post....this is a spoiler alert. If you don't want to find out what happens in the next week or so of the playoffs, stop reading now. 

The Columbus Blue Jackets are going to come back and win the series. The CBJ have shown in every game so far this series that they can out play the Penguins, but will have a terrible 2nd period and eventually give up the momentum they once had. The win they had in Game 4 was the turning point in this series....not because the Jackets outplayed the Pens, because that is debatable, but they showed that they can win the gritty, weird, back and forth type of games. The Jackets should have this series tied up if not for the blown lead in Game 3. 

After looking like a completely different player than the guy we saw in the regular season, Bob will start playing like Bob again in Game 5. The save he made in the 3rd period of Game 4 will give him a ton of momentum going forward. Fluery is good, but there is a reason he was benched for a rookie last year and didnt regain his starting spot. After putting up 9 goals the past 2 games, this will be where his confidence starts to fade and he begins to let in easy goals. 

The series is currently at a 3-1 Pittsburgh lead. This has been a crazy year for Ohio in 3-1 series and it's about to get even crazier, because the Blue Jackets are about to come back from a 3-0 deficit. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of 1st Ohio Battery unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments