Blue Jackets Forum

Blue Jackets Forum

Columbus Blue Jackets talk.

Congratulations to the LVGK on Going to the Stanley Cup Finals!

0 +/-
Q's picture
May 22, 2018 at 10:32pm
0 Comments

I imagine all of Canada is tearing their collective hair out as an expansion team knocked the last Canadian team standing out of the tournament. I believe that is now 0 for the last 25 years for the birthplace of hockey. Ouch!

What do you think of the situation where an expansion team goes to the SC Finals? I know the league wanted the new franchise to be competitive right from the start, but I think it is fair to say the league over shot the mark! I know some of the readers at this site are disappointed we lost Karlsson in the expansion draft, but really the draft was rigged so every team was going to lose a pretty good player. (If you want to give yourself an off season headache, think about who the CBJ could lose next year when Seattle will be drafting a new team, under the same rules!)

Personally, I think it is a great story and with all the success this year, hockey is now firmly entrenched in a new market. Besides, I think the LVGK have earned their opportunity. Congratulations to management and the scouts for taking advantage of the generous draft and building a great team. I am also glad to see Gallant succeed after he never got a fair chance coaching for the CBJ and really got the short end of the stick last year with the Panthers. 

Still, I wouldn’t blame anyone if they were a little upset that LV made in its very first year. To recap they have one season and 12 playoff wins (so far) and we have 16 seasons with just 5 playoff wins !

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of 1st Ohio Battery unless otherwise noted.