NHL Forum

NHL Forum

NHL talk.

YOU MAKE THE CALL! (EDITION 5)

+2 +/-
osu992's picture
April 7, 2017 at 5:38pm
7 Comments

Nothing presents a barrier to entry like rules confusion. Nothing like a rules fresher to get closer to the game. You Make the Call! is your semi-regularly occurring quiz to test your knowledge and learn a bit more about the rules. I don't make up the questions and I can't promise you thorough answers. And no record of score is kept, but I can promise up votes for all answers right and wrong. Bragging rights are yours alone to win. Answers will be posted in due time. Warning: these aren't basic rules!

1)

You Make The Call!

• A) Penalty shot awarded to #27 Winnipeg
  • B) Minor penalty to #19 Florida for Hooking
  • C) Minor penalty to #19 Florida for hooking. Minor penalty to #27 Winnipeg for high sticking.
  • D) Nothing here. Play on!

2) A player uses the butt-end of his stick to prevent an opponent’s movement. What penalty should be assessed?

• A) Minor penalty for hooking or holding.
  • B) Major penalty for butt-ending.
  • C) Double-minor penalty for butt-ending.

3) 

You Make the Call!

• A) No goal (off-side). Delayed Penalty is wiped out due to off-side and clock being reset.
  • B) No goal (off-side). Penalty to Toronto #2 for Hooking. Face-off outside Toronto zone because off off-side Coach's Challenge.
  • C) No goal (off-side). Penalty to Toronto #2 for Hooking. Face-off inside Toronto zone.

Submit your answers below and thanks for playing!

Link back to previous YMTC!
(911)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of 1st Ohio Battery unless otherwise noted.

View 7 Comments