Blue Jackets Forum

Blue Jackets Forum

Columbus Blue Jackets talk.

Jackets Issues

+2 +/-
MordenoftheSith's picture
April 1, 2017 at 7:49am
17 Comments

I've been able to watch most of the last few games. This is big news considering my schedule. I have a few takeaways and thoughts on what I've been seeing.
1st - The power play is abysmal, but I don't think it's a regression to the mean as many pundits assume is the culprit. They have the most back-to-backs, most road back-to-backs, and an end heavy schedule. This means no practice time to work on the issues. This is important when things are not going well. You want to keep playing when things are clicking, so practice isn't as important when things are going right.
2nd - They are in every game because the Goalie-Bob and Korpi are only giving up 1-2 goals a game. The problem is they are only scoring 1 goal. This ties in with the PP, but they are still generating less than 2 PPs a game anyway. They're paying good goalies, but how many times has a puck bounced over a stick with a gaping net, a rebound slide just short of the line and chipped out by a defender, a shot go wide or over the net with the goalie or I'd position, or a post shot? There's just no fortunate bounces right now. Maybe they are gripping the stick a little tighter now.
I've been watching hockey for over 30 years. One thing I've witnessed time and time again... Things change din the playoffs... Let's hope the Jackets is for the better, and if so, look out NHL.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of 1st Ohio Battery unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments