Blue Jackets Forum

Blue Jackets Forum

Columbus Blue Jackets talk.

What is a Reasonable Return for a Jack Johnson Trade?

0 +/-
Q's picture
January 15, 2018 at 11:28am
6 Comments

It strikes me that this will likely be a UFA for UFA trade where two teams fill a current need. So, what do you think about these options:

1. Anybody want to bring Rick Nash back? He still has ties and roots in this market so he might waive his NMC. It looks like he is past his prime, but the dude has 425 NHL goals and could get to 900 points before he is done. NY needs help on defense so could be motivated to do this deal. NY also fits Jack's goal of getting more exposure so he can cash in on his last contract

2. All things considered, my pick would be Thomas Vanek from Vancouver. I'm just not sure they would be willing to do a straight one-for-one trade, and I'm not sure how much more I'm willing to pay for a rental with 12 goals.

3. What about bringing back Mark Letestu? He is a quality center, which is just what we need. Edmonton always needs defense. As long as we are talking about Edmonton, what about Patrick Maroon? He is a serviceable middle six forward. 

4. Finally, two long shot ideas: Tampa is looking for a defenseman since Victor Headman is out for about six weeks, but I just don't know enough about their roster or farm system to know what we might get in return. Now that the expansion VGK are going to be in the playoffs, would they be willing to part with David Perron for a solid defenseman with a track record of rising up for the playoffs?

What do you think CBJ fans?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of 1st Ohio Battery unless otherwise noted.

View 6 Comments