Blue Jackets Forum

Blue Jackets Forum

Columbus Blue Jackets talk.

Stretch Run...fourteen Games to Go

+3 +/-
Doggy's picture
March 9, 2018 at 9:01am
48 Comments

So I was looking at the standings and I know the Flyers are lurking just four points ahead of us but unless they collapse that's a lot of points to make up in fourteen games.  Realistically this is a three team race for two Wild Card spots: Devils, CBJ and Cats.

This means scoreboard watching every night.

So I started glancing at the schedules.  I have to think we have a better shot at catching the Devils than we do of fending off the Cats.

With the Cats smoking hot, just two points behind us and three games at hand they certainly have the momentum in their favor.  They also have nine games vs the Rangers, Sens, Oilers, Habs, 'Yotes, Isles and Sabres.  That's a lot of opportunity to pick up two points.  9 Home vs 8 Away.

For the record, Cats have a crazy schedule to end the season.  5 Games in last seven Days, 6 Games in last nine days, 8 Games in last twelve days, last 15 Games in twenty five days!!!  They gonna be pooped!!!

The Devils on the other hand are starting a six game road trip with stops in Nashville, Vegas, LA, Anaheim, San Jose and Pittsburgh.  That's a rough stretch!  Then they finish up with games vs Tampa, Pittsburgh, Toronto and Washington.  That leaves four easier games vs the Canes, Isles, Rangers and Habs.  6 Home vs 8 Away.

CBJ still have Habs, Sens, Rangers, Oilers, Flames, 'Nucks and Wings.  7 Home vs 7 Away.

Yeah, if I had to guess I think the Devils have the toughest road to the playoffs right now.  The CBJ play the Cats in Columbus late next week..the barn better be ROCKIN'!!!  We will know a lot more by the end of next week when the Devils wrap up that six game road trip.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of 1st Ohio Battery unless otherwise noted.

View 48 Comments