Blue Jackets Forum

Blue Jackets Forum

Columbus Blue Jackets talk.

Thoughts On The Round 2 Opponent

+3 +/-
OWSH45's picture
April 19, 2019 at 7:29am
0 Comments

Now that we've had a few days to enjoy the Jackets sweep, I've been thinking about who the Jackets will face in the second round. Of course, Toronto and Boston are good teams, but which one matches up with the Jackets better? From a purely "fun series to watch" standpoint, Boston would be the better opponent. They play a style not dissimilar to the Jackets. Throughout the history of the Jackets franchise, the teams have played some epic games and there's always the chance that Rask will go into one of his slumps. From a "the Jackets have a better chance against them" perspective, bring on Toronto. Anderson has been up and down in net, these past two seasons. The teams have been fairly evenly matched, the last couple of years. And I have no doubt Torts will come up with a plan to exploit Toronto's weaknesses on the blue line. For me, either team will provide an enjoyable series. Which team are you pulling for and why?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of 1st Ohio Battery unless otherwise noted.