Blue Jackets Forum

Blue Jackets Forum

Columbus Blue Jackets talk.

2020-2021 CBJ Prospects Thread

0 +/-
Doggy's picture
October 19, 2020 at 10:12pm
61 Comments

I know at some point someone will do a ranking of the prospects.  But thought early season updates were in order since the Euro leagues are playing.  Thought I would focus on our four Russian prospects all playing in the KHL at the moment.

Kiril Marchenko got off to a pretty cold start this season coming up empty in his first six games but since then he is on a streak (interrupted by CV I believe).  He has scored in his last four games and has a 4 Gs and 6 Pts stat line in the last five games.  His playing time is inching up from about 12:00 per game to about 15:00 per game.

Dmitry Voronkov did the opposite.  He opened the season with 2 Gs and 3 Pts in his first four games but the scoring has tailed off from there.  I don't think scoring is his bread and butter.  More of a Boone style of play in a bigger body playing Center.

Yegor Chinakhov is the new prospect being this year's first rounder.  He has been flashing and damn has a great shot that hits the corners of the net.  Just nineteen years old and he started this season slow like Marchenko but in his last nine game he has 6 Gs and 8 Pts.

Daniil Tarasov, remember him?  He's supposed to be the goalie in the system with more potential upside than Elvis and Korpi.  Through the beginning of the season he has been the backup and only played 40 minutes.  Apparently that changed tonight as he got his first start (and the workhorse #1 wasn't even on the roster so not sure if he is hurt, suspended or something else.  Either way, I read somewhere that someone said Tarasov is the #1 going forward (at the moment).  He didn't disappoint picking up a shutout in a 28 save performance.  His stat line is now 2-0 with a .956 Save Percentage and 1.20 GAA.  Let's hope we see more of this from him!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of 1st Ohio Battery unless otherwise noted.

View 61 Comments