Blue Jackets Forum

Blue Jackets Forum

Columbus Blue Jackets talk.

Just for Fun

0 +/-
Q's picture
November 7, 2021 at 9:51pm
3 Comments

Given the CBJ have ten games in the books and one road trip behind them I thought this might be a good opportunity to get everyone's thoughts on where we are and how we are doing.

Regular readers will recall that at our low point this past summer (after the CBJ missed the playoffs, Seth said he wanted out and before the draft) fellow 1st Ohio Battery traveler OWSH added a post entitled "Some Common Sense." His perspective was that most fans were being too pessimistic. I concurred but everyone agreed we should check back in after a few months.

The team has so far exceeded my expectations by a considerable margin and I give a lot of credit to the front office, scouts and the new coaching staff. This looks to be a team that will be both entertaining and competitive. I have been a fan long enough however, that I am tapping the brakes just a bit. There will be slumps, opponents will review video and change up defenses so our young players will have less room. The NHL grind will begin to wear on the players that have never played an 82 game schedule. The Metro Division and Eastern Conference look to be even tougher than we thought, so the CBJ could have a great year and still be on the outside looking in.

Nevertheless, the team looks fast and the style of play looks more open and fluid than in the recent past. The CBJ roster has talent, with veterans and new players both contributing to our success so far. As a result, this season looks like it could be a lot of fun and I plan to enjoy the ride!

Thoughts? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of 1st Ohio Battery unless otherwise noted.

View 3 Comments